Emails plays a vital role in everyone life everyday. Emails is very important in everyone’s life. We are using emails everyday even-though we have many Email limitations. This article covers fully about all the Email limitations.
Major email service providers are
Email hyperlinks and Its limitations
- Maximum URL length is 2,083 characters in Internet Explorer.
- Firefox stops displaying after 64000 characters.
- Chrome and Safari have no URL characters limitations in the URL.
Good thing in outlook emails is it support gif images
Email limitations in Outlook
Outlook Emails hyperlinks characters limit
In office 365, I don’t think there is limitation with the links
In Outlook 2013 Windows Desktop Version mail hyperlink characters limit is 2048 characters. If the link is more than 2048 characters it will be automatically truncated and link will not work properly.
In Outlook 2010 Windows Desktop Version mail hyperlink characters limit is 1024 characters.
In Outlook 2007 Windows Desktop Version mail hyperlink characters limit is 1024 characters.
HTML, CSS Support
instead of this
margin:10px 10px 30px 10px;
please use this
Margin:10px 10px 30px 10px;
Margin is not supported in Outlook.com, so we should avoid it in html email design. Instead use padding or spacer table cells.
A few other tips:
- We should remove the ‘px’ in your width=”” declarations
- Add fallback fonts as non-windows users don’t have Arial
- Instead of CSS text-align:left;, use HTML align=”left”
- You don’t need the divs, you can use all tables
- You may have to separate your shorthand padding values into padding-top, padding-bottom etc. From memory I think there might be issues writing them short hand in some email clients.
- Supports GIF images
- Supports AMP emails
Email Limitations in Gmail
Gmail Emails hyperlinks characters limit
There is no characters limits but if the email is very big it will be clipped
Gmail AMP emails features
- Supports form submission inside the email
- Colorful emails with buttons and animation supported
- Increased in-mail capabilities
- Increased personalization
- Safe and secure
- Consistency and scalability
- Improved and smarter services
- Interactive customer experience
This article will be very helpful for the people in the Digital Marketing who will send emails to their customers using some marketing automation tools.
Do you want to know about software development as a team please click here